[D2lnews] Taste of D2L

I'd love to showcase your work during the Taste of D2L sessions this
fall. Please consider if  sharing what you have done in your D2L
classes--whether it's something you did last year or are trying this
year. You don't have to be an expert nor doing something unique. It's a
great opportunity to share ideas, answer questions, and get new ideas!
Your part would be whatever you want--typically I'd expect about 5-15
minutes for sharing and questions. The rest of the session will be led
by me (and/or Nick) going over the technical aspects.

The sessions are:
Sept 22 11:30 am - 12:30 pm Gradebook

Sept 30 11:30 am - 12:30 pm Dropbox

Oct 6 11:30 am - 12:30 pm Groups

Oct 14 11:30 am - 12:30 pm Communication (discussion board, chat,
email, pager)

Oct 20 11:30 am - 12:30 pm Quizzes and Surveys

Oct 26 11:30 am - 12:30 pm Customize your course homepage

Just drop an email if you would like to share!

*****
Join us over lunch for the first Taste of D2L (Desire2Learn) next
Tuesday, Sept 14, 11:30-12:30. We'll show you how to create materials
in D2L, then assist you in putting your syllabus into your course.
Please bring your syllabus along on disk in Word format.

In the IDEA Lab, Polk 7. Bring your lunch; dessert will be provided.
These sessions are open to everyone-you do not need to attend D2L
training first. Reservations are not required.

Contact me if you have any questions, or if you'd like to get your
syllabus (or other materials) in D2L but can't attend this session.

AnnMarie