[D2lnews] Assessing Student Learning when Teaching with Technology

UWEX OPID Planning committee welcomes your participation in the
November 9, 2004 WisLine Web Conference featuring Bill Cerbin talking
about Assessing Student Learning when
Teaching with Technology. Join us in the IDEA Lab from 8:30 a.m. - 9:30
a.m. for the online/phone presentation. Following the WisLine Web
Conference, Bill will facilitate an online discussion on this topic
from November 9 - November 19, 2004.

Dr. Cerbin, a former Carnegie Scholar, is Professor of Psychology and
Assistant to the Provost at UW-La Crosse. In 1998, as a Scholar with
the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, he studied the
development of student understanding in a problem-based learning course
he teaches. Since then he has given numerous workshops and
presentations on teaching and learning for understanding. He has taught
traditional classes with Blackboard and Desire2Learn components.
Recently, he was selected to be a Carnegie Scholar again to work on a
project to help faculty learn to improve teaching through scholarly
inquiry into student learning.

Focus: Assessing student learning when teaching with technology - What
can we learn by using assessment to enhance teaching and learning? What
evaluation techniques best lend themselves to teaching with technology?
How might we develop projects and use learning assessment techniques to
explore factors that improve teaching and learning with technology?

UWEX's SoTL project focuses on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
with Technology.  Because the project is funded by an OPID grant, there
is no cost to participate in either the WisLine Web conference or the
online discussion.

Please RSVP to me (AnnMarie) in advance.

AnnMarie

=====
Dr. AnnMarie Johnson
Instructional Developer, Blackboard/D2L campus administrator
UW Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd Polk Library
Oshkosh WI 54901
920-424-2210