[D2lnews] Fwd: [site-admin] EMERGENCY OUTAGE of Learn@UW

It looks like a hardware problem is causing an outage of D2L this morning. I'll let you know as soon as it's back up.

Nick

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brook Soltvedt <soltvedt@doit.wisc.edu>
Date: April 22, 2005 8:36:58 AM CDT
To: siteadmin@maillist.uwsa.edu
Subject: [site-admin] EMERGENCY OUTAGE of Learn@UW

Hi all,

I'm sending this message on behalf of Hildy Feen. The chillers on the platform that houses the Learn@UW hardware have failed. To keep the temperature from rising too much, Jon May took QA and DEV2 down earlier this morning. As the temperature continued to climb, he also took down beta. It will very likely be necessary for him to take down production in the next few minutes to prevent permanent damage to the hardware. Sorry for the short notice. We will keep you posted.

Brook
--
Brook Chase Soltvedt
Assoc. Information Processing Consultant

Nick Dvoracek                                   		dvoracek@uwosh.edu
Director of Media Services   	        		Voice: 920-424-7363
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh        	Fax:   920-424-7324
My web site: http://idea.uwosh.edu/nick/handouts.htm
Media Services web site: http://idea.uwosh.edu/media_services/home.html