[D2lnews] Files lost Thurs 8:30-10:30

Last Thursday, after the maintenance, a mistake was made on the D2L
server. Anything that was done in D2L between 8:30 and 10:30 am was
wiped out. It could not be undone (and was not discovered until
recently). If you worked in D2L during the time, please look over what
you did and redo any changes, updates, additions, deletions, etc. I do
not know if it affected student work; if anyone reports that they
submitted something to the dropbox, took a quiz, or made a post during
that time, please believe them.

If you are interested, here's what happened: Once the UWS sites were
made available last Thursday, July 28th, a resynchronization job was
run to report changes for quality assurance purposes. It was
inadvertently run in update mode, instead of report mode, which
reverted the contents of the server to an earlier state. In practical
terms, the contents of D2LPFILE at 10:30 a.m. was identical to the
contents of it at 8:30 a.m., meaning that *any* changes between that
time were effectively undone (e.g. updates lost, deleted files
reappeared, etc.). We are unable to undo this action and cannot restore
lost changes/files.

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.
AnnMarie