[D2lnews] D2L is sssslllllooooowwwww

::sigh:: If you have tried to use D2L today, you already know that the
system is reacting very slowly. Slower than molasses. Maybe even slower
than frozen molasses. Our only advice and recommendation at this time
is to avoid using D2L unless absolutely necessary. If you do use it,
please be aware that it may take repeated tries to login and it may
take quite a while for each page to load.

Learn@UW is definitely aware of the problem as is D2L. They are
frantically trying to figure out why things have gotten slower instead
of speeding up as the week progressed.  LUW had done extensive load
testing and this problem did not occur during any of the pre-semester
testing.

Our sincere apologies for any delays and problems this causes. I will
let you know as soon as I hear anything further.

AnnMarie

Dr. AnnMarie Johnson
Instructional Developer, Blackboard/D2L campus administrator
UW Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd Polk Library
Oshkosh WI 54901
920-424-2210