[Music Education] WSMTE

Dear Wisconsin Music Teacher Educators:
The next meeting of WSMTE will be Friday, February 7th, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at UWSP. We will meet in the University Center and have lunch at the Wooden Spoon in the same location.  Maps of the UWSP campus are available on our website (www.uwsp.edu).  Click on "Campus Tours".  Once again our major topic will be compliance with PI34.  Leslie Wilson, chair of the UWSP School of Education, will speak about the process UWSP has followed so far.  DPI representatives visited our campus in December to evaluate the overall program and look specifically at several areas, and we will give a brief report of this experience.  Please let me know if you are planning to come, and also if you have specific concerns regarding PI34 or any other issues impacting preparation of music teachers in Wisconsin.  I hope to see many of you on the 7th--and I hope the weather will cooperate this time!

Judy Bond, Coordinator of Music Education
University of Wisconsin Stevens Point

715-346-2227