[Music Education] Mentoring Breakfast at the Wisconsin State Music Conference

Hello WSMTE Members and Music Education Teacher Educators!

I am organizing the Mentoring Session (it's a breakfast) for the Wisconsin State Music Conference. WMEA would like to invite as many new music educators to this event as possible. We will provide these new teachers with a mentor to support them during their first years of teaching.

I need to gather information about the May 2003 graduating class of music educators. If you have information on the job placement for your graduates, would you please send it to me? I need the name and the school where they are working.

We will be inviting experienced teachers, too. If you know of someone who would make a good mentor, please send me their name and school and I'll send them an invitation as well. I also invite you to attend the Mentoring Breakfast (Friday morning).

Janet Barrett did this last year and I have the data that she gathered on the 2002 class of music educators.

Also, WMEA has a special conference session for you on Wednesday, October 29 at 3:00 p.m. Dr. Don Ester (Ball State) will do a presentation on electronic portfolios for music teacher educators. After the session, WMEA will host a reception for WSMTE.

We hope that you will find this session and reception a great opportunity for networking with colleagues.

Nancy Rasmussen
WMEA President