[Music Education] '05 Fall Conference Planning

Greetings to all members of the Wisconsin Society for Music Teacher Education!
The planning meeting for the 2005 WMEA Fall Conference is this Friday and Saturday, January 7th and 8th.  As co-chair, with Nancy Allen, of the Sub-Committee for Higher Education and Research, I'm asking for your input and suggestions.  If you have ideas, requests, or suggestions for this sub-committee to consider, please respond ASAP!  I realize I'm asking this at the very last minute, but if there has been something percolating in the back of your mind, now is the time to set your idea free by sending it to me.  At last year's conference one of the major sessions for music teacher educators dealt with the important topic of early childhood music education as part of the process leading to a Wisconsin license for teaching music.  We still need to have more follow-up about this concern, but what other areas in music teacher education should we consider for this coming year?  Please respond by midnight Thursday.  I'll check my e-mail before I leave for the meeting on Friday morning.  If you're planning to be present at the meetings, either Friday or Saturday, I'll see you then.  Thanks for your consideration!

Judy Bond