[Music Education] CMENC panel session at state conference

Dear CMENC Advisors,

Please invite and encourage your chapter members to attend the CMENC panel session (following the General Session with Lorin Hollander) at the Wisconsin State Music Conference next week:

"Getting the Most Out of Your CMENC Membership."
Thursday, Oct. 27 from 2:30 - 3:45 p.m. in Room G at the Monona Terrace

A portion of the the session will be set aside for valuable discussion about successful chapter initiatives in RECRUITING, NETWORKING, PRE-PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, and SERVICE. To help with the discussion, I invite you to designate your chapter president or another representative to briefly describe one or two particularly successful projects your chapter has undertaken recently. This opportunity to share is something I look forward to, and perhaps it will plant a seed for a new chapter collaboration or state initiative, as well.

Topics planned for the session include:

--A look at WMEA and MENC goals, programs, and benefits
--The Wisconsin Center for Music Education
--Connecting with CMENC members in Wisconsin and beyond
--The WMEA Leadership Retreat
--Tri-M and the role CMENC chapters might play
--An update on the CMENC Mini-Conference being planned for Feb 25, 2006
--Discussion of successful recruiting, networking, pre-professional development, and service chapter initiatives
--Other questions for discussion

Please forgive if you received this message twice! I look forward to seeing you in Madison. Thank you for everything you do to encourage our future colleagues.

Ken Liske

--
Kenneth L. Liske, Ph.D.
Director of Choral and General Music Education

office: Arts & Communication Center N228
voice: (920) 424-7029, fax: (920) 424-1266
email: liske@uwosh.edu
web: http://www.uwosh.edu/faculty_staff/liske