[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [WSMTE] question

At Edgewood college it is also possible to receive all three music licenses, and we also require 3 separate nine-week student teaching placements. You can do 9 consecutive weeks, or 18 weeks, half days on each placement. You still need more than a semester to do the 3 of them. I hope this helps.



Beatriz E. Aguilar, PhD 

Associate Professor, Music Department

1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711


From: musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu [mailto:musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu] On Behalf Of Kenneth Liske
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 11:12 AM
To: Hilree Hamilton; WI Society for Music Teacher Education List
Subject: Re: [WSMTE] question




At UW Oshkosh it is possible to receive all three music licenses by meeting the specific course and competency requirements for each of them.  It does require 3 separate nine-week student teaching placements.




Kenneth L. Liske, Ph.D.

Wisconsin Music Educators Association President

Director of Choral and General Music Education

University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Department of Music

800 Algoma Boulevard, Oshkosh, WI  54901


office: Arts & Communication Center N228

voice: 920-424-7029; fax: 920-424-1266; email: liske@uwosh.edu

web: http://www.uwosh.edu/faculty_staff/liske


On Nov 7, 2007, at 10:55 AM, Hilree Hamilton wrote:

Hey Ken,

I thought that this message would go to everyone on the list, but if it

only goes to you, would you be so good as to forward it to everyone on the



Thanks so much,



Hello everyone,

I'm seeking some information and hope that all of you can help me out. 

First, do you have the possibility of students majoring in Instrumental

Music Ed., Choral Music Ed., and Elementary General?  Different schools

may call it different things, here at River Falls, it is possible for

students to get a K-12 Choral or Instrumental degree and then double major

by doing about a year of extra course work to get the other degree as

well.  They are expected to do two senior recitals and also to complete 9

weeks of student teaching in each of the three areas of secondary choral,

secondary instrumental and elementary general.  I hope that all of that

makes sense...


In addition to knowing if there is a possibility at your schools to get

degrees allowing for all three licensures, if you do, do you require the

three 9 week student placements?


Sorry to take time from your busy schedules to respond to this, but I

would be very happy for any information that you can send me.



Hilree Hamilton



Hilree J. Hamilton, Ph. D.

Associate Professor of Music Education

University of Wisconsin-River Falls



The Wisconsin Music Teacher Education Discussion List is an unmoderated forum for announcements and discussion. List members may post to the entire list by addressing email messages to musiceducation@lists.uwosh.edu. Use your email program's REPLY TO ALL function to send a reply to everyone on the list. Or, you may respond only to the sender of this message using your email program's REPLY function. Subscribe/unsubscribe requests and other communication regarding the list may be addressed to the list owner: musiceducation-owner@lists.uwosh.edu.