From: musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu on behalf of Murphy, Vanissa B.
Sent: Wed 11/7/2007 12:29 PM
To: 'Hilree Hamilton'
Cc: 'Kenneth Liske'; WI Society for Music Teacher Education List
Subject: [WSMTE] RE: question

Hi,
We have an instrumental/general degree and a choral/general degree. Because our students have at least 9 week field placements in elementary and 10 to 15 weeks in middle school and high school before student teaching, we can then offer several different student teaching scenarios based upon their career goals. We do have the rare student who wants to do both and it does add about a year to their degree unless they know this from the beginning, in which case it may only add a semester. They then student teach a quarter in instrumental and a quarter in choral, with responsibilities for some general music both quarters.

--- I originally only sent Hilree the reply and then realized that is it interesting for all of us to know how we are dealing with this. I also added a few other details and corrected my grammar . . .   Cheers!  -Vanissa