[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [WSMTE] question

This is very interesting!  Thank you Hilree for asking the question.  At
UWSP students are able to get one, two, or all three music licenses.
Student teaching is for one semester in all cases.  Most students are
either choral/general or instrumental/general, but we also have a
significant number who do instrumental only or general only.   It's been
several years since we've had a student achieve all three tracks, but it
does happen occasionally.  Also, we've had an occasional student with
the instrumental/choral combination.

Judy Bond, UWSP  

-----Original Message-----
From: musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu
[mailto:musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu] On Behalf Of Hilree
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 10:55 AM
To: Murphy, Vanissa B.
Cc: 'Kenneth Liske'; WI Society for Music Teacher Education List
Subject: [WSMTE] question

Hey Ken,
I thought that this message would go to everyone on the list, but if it
only goes to you, would you be so good as to forward it to everyone on
the list?

Thanks so much,

Hello everyone,
I'm seeking some information and hope that all of you can help me out. 
First, do you have the possibility of students majoring in Instrumental
Music Ed., Choral Music Ed., and Elementary General?  Different schools
may call it different things, here at River Falls, it is possible for
students to get a K-12 Choral or Instrumental degree and then double
major by doing about a year of extra course work to get the other degree
as well.  They are expected to do two senior recitals and also to
complete 9 weeks of student teaching in each of the three areas of
secondary choral, secondary instrumental and elementary general.  I hope
that all of that makes sense...

In addition to knowing if there is a possibility at your schools to get
degrees allowing for all three licensures, if you do, do you require the
three 9 week student placements?

Sorry to take time from your busy schedules to respond to this, but I
would be very happy for any information that you can send me.

Hilree Hamilton

Hilree J. Hamilton, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of Music Education
University of Wisconsin-River Falls

The Wisconsin Music Teacher Education Discussion List is an unmoderated
forum for announcements and discussion. List members may post to the
entire list by addressing email messages to
musiceducation@lists.uwosh.edu. Use your email program's REPLY TO ALL
function to send a reply to everyone on the list. Or, you may respond
only to the sender of this message using your email program's REPLY
function. Subscribe/unsubscribe requests and other communication
regarding the list may be addressed to the list owner: