[WSMTE] Choral Conductor's Workshop

Dear CMENC Advisors:

This summer Carthage and Hal Leonard are jointly hosting a workshop geared toward high school choir teachers. There will be a series of clinics led by nationally and internationally renowned choral musicians (i.e., Dale Warland, Weston Noble, Jerry Rubino, Lawrence Burnett, and Sharon Hansen. I'm writing you because Hal Leonard has agreed to reduce the registration fee by nearly half for students currently enrolled as music education majors in Wisconsin. The cost of registration for pre-service music educators will be $100 rather than $195. They would still be asked to pay the room and board fee or find alternate housing. I realize that Carthage is one of the few colleges/universities still in session, but if you have a way of notifying your students of this opportunity, I'd appreciate your assistance in broadly publicizing this chance to interact with the clinicians and other participants at the workshop.

The dates are June 25-28, 2008. This link, Conductor's Craft 2008, will bring them to the registration site. They should call the number on the page rather than use the online registration form. Two graduate credits are also available (for an added fee) to any who may be interested.

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Dennee, DMA
Associate Professor of Music