Re: [WSMTE] Wednesday meeting of WSMTE

Deb et al:

I would very much like to attend this lively discussion.  See you there.

Bob

Robert Kase, D.M.A.
Executive Director
WSMA/WMEA/WFSM
1005 Quinn Drive
Waunakee, WI 53597

Telephone:  608-850-3566
Fax:  608-850-3515

On Oct 9, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Deb Bradley wrote:

Hi Vanissa and everyone,

I know that Rick Townsend wrote previously that Colleen Conway does not use the words education and training as interchangeable, but seeing them here together again in this message suggests to me that perhaps part of our discussion might focus on the very real and significant differences between education and training, as we consider whether or not in the 21st century we are music teacher educators, or trainers, some combination thereof, or even something else altogether?

I'm looking forward to seeing you all again.

Regards,

Deb

Deborah Bradley, PhD
Asst. Professor, Music Education