Re: [WSMTE] WSMTE

Carthage offers certification in General-Instrumental and General-Choral.  We recently made the switch to a combination certification for all.

Jim

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:35:46 -0600
 Laura Sindberg <laura.sindberg@lawrence.edu> wrote:
> Hello All-
>
> I would like to pose a certification question: What certifications to  you offer at your particular institutions?
>
> Many thanks, and happy new year!
>
> Laura
>

> On Jan 6, 2009, at 4:56 PM, Murphy, Vanissa B. wrote:
>
> > Greetings, everyone,
> > Happy 2009! I hope you have had a nice winter break and enjoyed the
> > holidays. Attached to this email are the minutes from our meeting
> > in October and at the end of the minutes are our ideas for topic
> > discussion and resource sharing for our next meeting. And,  it is
> > time for us to try and create a date for that meeting that we
> > usually schedule  in late February. I am thinking that it might be
> > a good idea to vary the location of our February meetings so that
> > those of you who want to host the meeting would have that
> > opportunity.  I would be glad to host the next meeting at UWEC but
> > if any of you want to host, please let me know and we'll discuss
> > location and date together.
> >
> > So, to get this conversation started, we could meet at UWEC on
> > Saturday, Feb. 21, from 9 to 12 or, if you prefer, 10 to 1. If you
> > would rather have the meeting more centrally located, we have often
> > met at UWSP (what do you think, Judy?) but I am open to anyone's
> > suggestion!
> >
> > Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon,
> > Vanissa
> > Dr. Vanissa B. Murphy, Chair
> > Wisconsin Society for Music Education
> > Division of Music Education, Professor
> > Department of Music and Theatre Arts
> > University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire<WSMTE Minutes from
> > Oct.doc>||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
> > The Wisconsin Music Teacher Education Discussion List is an
> > unmoderated forum for announcements and discussion. List members
> > may post to the entire list by addressing email messages to
> > musiceducation@lists.uwosh.edu. Use your email program's REPLY TO
> > ALL function to send a reply to everyone on the list. Or, you may
> > respond only to the sender of this message using your email
> > program's REPLY function. Subscribe/unsubscribe requests and other
> > communication regarding the list may be addressed to the list
> > owner: musiceducation-owner@lists.uwosh.edu.
>
> Laura Sindberg, Ph.D.
> Visiting Associate Professor
> Lawrence University Conservatory of Music
> PO Box 599
> Appleton, WI 54912
> laura.sindberg@lawrence.edu

Dr. James C. Ripley
Chair, Music Department
Director of Instrumental Music Activities, Music Education
Carthage College
2001 Alford Park Drive
Kenosha, WI  53140

Secretary, World Association of Symphonic Bands and Ensembles (WASBE)
Music Director, Kurashiki Sakuyo University Wind Philharmony

Office (262) 551-5854
Home   (262) 948-1406

e-mail: jripley@carthage.edu