Re: [WSMTE] WSMTE

>===== Original Message From "Murphy, Vanissa B." <MURPHYVB@uwec.edu> =====
At St. Norbert we certify Instrumental, Choral, and General separately but
strongly encourage students to combine.  Almost all of our students get a
combination of Instrumental/General or Choral/General.  It is possible to get
triple certification if the student has the capability and the willingness to
spend the extra time required to complete all three certifications.

Heather Schmidt

>HI,
>We 'bundle' Instrumental/General and Choral/General (in other words, we do
not offer a separate general music certification) and both are PK-12.
>Vanissa
>
>p.s. I'm hoping to hear from a few more people before we decide on the
definite date/place for our meeting-- right now if seems that more people can
come on 2/28 at UWSP so that we might also be able to meet with some of the
CMENC folks to get some of their input.

List'; 'plisseyb@uwplatt.edu'; 'david.brightsman@wlc.edu'
>Subject: Re: [WSMTE] WSMTE
>
>Hello All-
>
>I would like to pose a certification question: What certifications to you
offer at your particular institutions?

>Many thanks, and happy new year!
>
>Laura
>

>On Jan 6, 2009, at 4:56 PM, Murphy, Vanissa B. wrote:
>
>Greetings, everyone,
>Happy 2009! I hope you have had a nice winter break and enjoyed the holidays.
Attached to this email are the minutes from our meeting in October and at the
end of the minutes are our ideas for topic discussion and resource sharing for
our next meeting. And,  it is time for us to try and create a date for that
meeting that we usually schedule  in late February. I am thinking that it
might be a good idea to vary the location of our February meetings so that
those of you who want to host the meeting would have that opportunity.  I
would be glad to host the next meeting at UWEC but if any of you want to host,
please let me know and we'll discuss location and date together.

>So, to get this conversation started, we could meet at UWEC on Saturday, Feb.
21, from 9 to 12 or, if you prefer, 10 to 1. If you would rather have the
meeting more centrally located, we have often met at UWSP (what do you think,
Judy?) but I am open to anyone's suggestion!

>Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon,
>Vanissa
>Dr. Vanissa B. Murphy, Chair
>Wisconsin Society for Music Education
>Division of Music Education, Professor
>Department of Music and Theatre Arts
>University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire<WSMTE Minutes from
Oct.doc>||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
>The Wisconsin Music Teacher Education Discussion List is an unmoderated forum
for announcements and discussion. List members may post to the entire list by
addressing email messages to
musiceducation@lists.uwosh.edu<mailto:musiceducation@lists.uwosh.edu>. Use
your email program's REPLY TO ALL function to send a reply to everyone on the
list. Or, you may respond only to the sender of this message using your email
program's REPLY function. Subscribe/unsubscribe requests and other
communication regarding the list may be addressed to the list owner:
musiceducation-owner@lists.uwosh.edu<mailto:musiceducation-owner@lists.uwosh.e
du>.

addressing email messages to musiceducation@lists.uwosh.edu. Use your email