[WSMTE] WSMTE

Hello, everyone,

Our meeting of the Wisconsin Society for Music Teacher Education will be held on Saturday, February 28th, from 10 to 3 in Noel Fine Arts Center, room 221, at UWSP. Thanks to Judy Bond for making the meeting arrangements! I know that not all of us will be able to attend but more of us could attend on this date than on the 21st.  Here is a tentative agenda and please let me know if you want something added or deleted:

  1. What do our pre-service field experiences look like?
  2. What do our introductory music education courses contain? (we will bring syllabi to share)
  3. How are we using portfolios to show growth? (if possible, we will bring examples of student portfolios and or rubrics)
  4. How might we organize student teacher observation reflections around the WI Teacher Standards?
  5. What do field experience observation forms contain? How, specifically, are they used? (we will bring examples of observation forms to share)
  6. Is there a need for change in the music methods course we provide for the elementary education majors?
  7. How do we provide for graduates who need additional certification (post-degree certifications)?

See you on the 28th in Stevens Point!

Best regards,

Vanissa

Vanissa B. Murphy, Chair, WSMTE

Ph.D., Music Education

Coordinator, Division of Music Education

Professor, Department of Music & Theatre Arts

Haas Fine Arts 227, UW-Eau Claire

Phone: 715-836-2329

Email: murphyvb@uwec.edu