From: musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu [mailto:musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu] On Behalf Of Murphy, Vanissa B.
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 11:42 AM
To: 'musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu'
Cc: Knight, Robert M.; 'jonbgilliland@gmail.com'; 'Christine Hayes'; 'rtownsend@mbbc.edu'; 'malamont@greenwood.k12.wi.us'; 'Gregory Dennis'; 'musiceducation@lists.uwosh.edu'
Subject: Re: [WSMTE] WSMTE

Greetings,

Just a quick reminder and an update about our upcoming meeting. Our meeting of the Wisconsin Society for Music Teacher Education will be held on Saturday, February 28th, from 10 to 3 in Noel Fine Arts Center, room 221, at UWSP. Thanks to Judy Bond for making the meeting arrangements! While there, we have a great opportunity to have lunch with CMENC students who are attending their mini-conference on the same day at UWSP! Here are the lunch details:

Lunch is in the DEBOT Dining Room, a short walk from the Noel Fine Arts Center where we’re having our meeting.   It’s going to be $6.50 per person, and   WSMTE members who want to join this lunch with the students will buy a ticket from CMENC.  No advance notice or reservation is necessary, but it would be great if we could get an idea of the number of people who plan to attend and have lunch with CMENC students. Please let me know if you plan to attend (this will also help us know how many handouts to make) and if you plan to have lunch with the students.

I know that not all of us will be able to attend and I am so sorry that finding a date to match everyone’s schedule was impossible.  Here is a tentative agenda and please let me know if you want something added or deleted:

  1. What do our pre-service field experiences look like?
  2. What do our introductory music education courses contain? (we will bring syllabi to share)
  3. How are we using portfolios to show growth? (if possible, we will bring examples of student portfolios and or rubrics)
  4. How might we organize student teacher observation reflections around the WI Teacher Standards?
  5. What do field experience observation forms contain? How, specifically, are they used? (we will bring examples of observation forms to share)
  6. Is there a need for change in the music methods course we provide for the elementary education majors?
  7. How do we provide for graduates who need additional certification (post-degree certifications)?

See you soon,

Best regards,

Vanissa

Vanissa B. Murphy, Chair, WSMTE

Ph.D., Music Education

Coordinator, Division of Music Education

Professor, Department of Music & Theatre Arts

Haas Fine Arts 227, UW-Eau Claire

Phone: 715-836-2329

Email: murphyvb@uwec.edu