Re: [WSMTE] Student teacher placement question

Laura:

We typically place students in the Green Bay city area. Other placements could include to the north and east of GB (approximately 50 miles). Students who choose to go outside this area pay a fee for supervision by someone other than a regular faculty member.  If this is the case; then a qualified supervisor in the outside area is contracted by our Student Teaching Coordinator in the UWGB Education Program office. We currently have an adequate number of Cooperating Teachers in our placement area; however, a courtesy placement outside the area will be filled providing students make the request in advance and a qualified supervisor is available.

Mark T. Kiehn, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Music Education

UW-Green Bay