Re: [WSMTE] Fwd: Student teaching seminar question

At Maranatha, all students take a semester-long, 2-credit seminar which also yields their final portfolio product. Our students travel far and wide for student teaching, so revisiting campus is not a practical idea.

Rick

On Oct 13, 2009, at 5:47 PM, Kris Tjornehoj wrote:

Greetings!
At UWRF, all student teachers attend a day long seminar before going out in the field and then they attend 3 meetings for presentation/discussion throughout the semester that we schedule in late afternoon/evening.

Kris Tjornehoj,UWRF

On 10/13/09 5:41 PM, "Bond, Judy" <jbond@uwsp.edu> wrote:

At UWSP, all students are required to attend 3 full days of student teaching seminar.  They are told to clear the dates with their  cooperating teacher at the beginning of the semester.  The seminar days are primarily devoted to information given by the School of Education and portfolio work.  Some time is also allotted for discussion with their “cohort group”, all the music education students together.

Judy Bond, UWSP

From: musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu [mailto:musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu] On Behalf Of Kenneth Liske
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 12:20 PM
To: WI Society for Music Teacher WI Society for Music Teacher Education List
Subject: [WSMTE] Fwd: Student teaching seminar question

Here is a followup question from Laura Sindberg...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Laura Sindberg <laura.sindberg@lawrence.edu>

Date: October 13, 2009 11:43:20 AM CDT

To: "liske@uwosh.edu" <liske@uwosh.edu>

Subject: Student teaching seminar

Hi Ken,

Thanks for forwarding my initial inquiry.

This brings me to a related question:

Do all student teachers, regardless of the distance of their placement, attend a student teaching seminar? What does that look like at your institution?

Can you post this question as well?

Many thanks,
Laura

The Wisconsin Music Teacher Education Discussion List is an unmoderated forum for announcements and discussion. List members may post to the entire list by addressing email messages to musiceducation@lists.uwosh.edu. Use your email program's REPLY TO ALL function to send a reply to everyone on the list. Or, you may respond only to the sender of this message using your email program's REPLY function. To unsubscribe or control your subscription, visit the list info page: http://lists.uwosh.edu/mailman/listinfo/musiceducation.

--
Sincerely,
Kris Tjornehoj