Re: [WSMTE] Fwd: Student teaching seminar question

Carthage has a printed policy of student teaching placements within a 25 mile radius, which works well for most subject areas because of our suburban location.  However, there are concessions made for students who may want to student teach outside of that radius if the college supervisor is willing to travel (without additional compensation).

Our student teaching seminar meets every other Monday night during the entire term.  Students
with extended travel are still required to come back for seminar.

We do allow for "extended" placements for students who are looking for a particular geographic region, and we can make arrangements for supervision through a nearby university.  In those cases, the student teachers adhere to the local university policy for seminars.

Jim