I was asked to forward this posting to the WSMTE list. (Printable version available here: http://www.wsmamusic.org/documents/ContinuingEdDirectorAnnounce1-10.pdf)
CONTINUING EDUCATION DIRECTOR
The Wisconsin School Music Association is seeking applicants for the position of Continuing Education Director. The Association is a non-profit organization based at the Wisconsin Center for Music Education in Waunakee, Wisconsin. The Continuing Education Director is responsible for developing and implementing programming for educators, other adults, and students that are offered through the Wisconsin Center for Music Education and other state level educational agencies. This is accomplished in partnership with the Wisconsin Music Educators Association plus other organizations and agencies. Both Associations have been serving music education continuously for over 50 years and each has a Board of Directors with elected officers who govern the affairs of the Associations.
This is a full-time, professional level position. The starting salary will be based on the experience and training of the applicant. Benefits include a retirement plan and insurances provided by the Association. The Wisconsin Center for Music Education offers a pleasant working environment, a dedicated team of co-workers, and support for individual initiative and program innovation. More information about the Associations and the Center is available at http://www.wsmamusic.org.
- Develop and implement programming for educators, other adults, and students that are offered through the Wisconsin Center for Music Education. - Work closely with planning and advisory committees to develop program ideas for educators, other adults, and students.
- Attend and participate in meetings of the Wisconsin School Music Association and the Wisconsin Music Educators Association boards and committees providing reports, information and proposals related to educational programming. - Serve on a staff steering committee to coordinate the annual Wisconsin State Music Conference.
- Develop and manage distance learning opportunities, webinars, and online courses. - Coordinate programming and credit offerings through post-secondary education agencies. - Seek support and develop programming in collaboration with music related businesses, CESAs, and post-secondary institutions.
- Plan effective marketing related to continuing education offerings.
In addition to the above, professional staff for the state associations respond to numerous requests for information, assistance and materials from teachers, students, school administrators and parents throughout Wisconsin and other states. The position requires the flexibility to sometimes work outside of normal office hours as dictated by the schedule of programs and to travel in Wisconsin for meetings and conferences.
- Successful experience with planning and implementation of educational programs, including use of digital technology and communication systems. - Demonstrated leadership and initiative. - Excellent communication skills.
- Strong orientation toward collaboration and networking with a variety of constituents, including volunteers. - A minimum of a bachelor's degree in education from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in education as a teacher or administrator. - Successful experience with budget management. - Experience in developing and managing grants that support program activities. - Abilitytoworkeffectivelywithindividualsandgroups. - Sufficient experience in music or music education to understand and further develop programming for educators, adults, and students. - Ability and willingness to travel to Association events and meetings in Wisconsin. - Planning and organizational skills.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, salary expectations, resume, plus names and contact information for a minimum of three references by February 1, 2010 to
Michael George, Executive Director
Wisconsin School Music Association
1005 Quinn Drive
Waunakee, WI 53597