Re: [WSMTE] NOT an orchestra position; Bennett Reimer!

From: musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu [musiceducation-bounces@lists.uwosh.edu] On Behalf Of Murphy, Vanissa B. [MURPHYVB@uwec.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 10:08 AM
To: WI Society for Music Teacher WI Society for Music Teacher Education List
Subject: Re: Bennett Reimer

Dear all,
Well, the semester ended before I could catch my breath! I do want to send you my regrets that I could not manage to arrange our meeting this spring. I returned from my fall sabbatical to face teaching 4 different classes, three of them overloaded with twice as many people and I had 48 field observations to complete!

Perhaps the news that Bennett Reimer has confirmed that he will be the lead presenter for the WSMTE session/reception on October 27 and then do a conference session on October 28 will spur us forward! During our last meeting, we had discussed that we would invite a retired music educator from our departments, a representative from our CMENC chapters to accompany us for the session/reception and also invite the CMENC steering committee to our meeting. Sort of a "past-present-and-future theme.

Is this still a plan that you would want us to pursue?  And, if so,  please submit your ideas regarding how you would like for Dr. Reimer to facilitate our discussion during our Wednesday session/reception and for his presentation topic during the next day's morning's conference session.

I hope all of you had a less stressful end of the semester than me (!) and that you have wonderful summer plans!

I look forward to hearing from you!
Vanissa

Vanissa B. Murphy, Chair, WSMTE
Coordinator, Division of Music Education, UWEC
The Wisconsin Music Teacher Education Discussion List is an unmoderated forum for announcements and discussion. List members may post to the entire list by addressing email messages to musiceducation@lists.uwosh.edu. Use your email program's REPLY TO ALL function to send a reply to everyone on the list. Or, you may respond only to the sender of this message using your email program's REPLY function. To unsubscribe or control your subscription, visit the list info page: http://lists.uwosh.edu/mailman/listinfo/musiceducation.