Re: [WSMTE] Conference Planning for 2011

Hi,

Can't make the meeting Saturday but it would really be a great package, as has already been suggested, to get both Carlos A. and Lorna H. on the conference program.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Sr. Lorna Zemke

Murphy, Vanissa B. wrote:
Happy New Year, Everyone!
I hope you will be able to attend (see forwarded & edited message below) and/or send me your suggestions for our WSMTE guest facilitator and speaker for the WMEA 2011 Conference. Judy has suggested Carlos Abril, who is teaching, in her words (I hope you do not mind me quoting you, Judy!) "an  interesting undergraduate music ed philosophy course at Northwestern, and at present he's also the Coordinator of Music Education there.  He's been working with his students on "lifespan perspectives" for music education, among other things".  This sounds fabulous and fits into the conference theme that is being considered-- please send your comments and suggestions as a "reply to all" for our discussion and I will take our proposal to the conference planning meeting on Saturday.

Hope to see you on Saturday,
Vanissa  --
Here is the forwarded/edited message regarding conference planning for 2011:

TO: 2011 WMEA Conference Planning Subcommittee Chairs
FR: Richard Tengowski, WMEA President
RE: Preparation of Conference Proposals for Subcommittees
DT: January 4, 2011
The [2011 Conference]Planning session will be held on Saturday, January 8 at the WCME in Waunakee. Subcommittee chairs will meet at 8:00 am for a brief orientation and the group Planning session will begin at 8:30 am.

 . . .  The WMEA Executive Committee is strongly considering "Music Last a Lifetime" as the 2011 State Music Conference theme.  While the conference theme is not finalized, we suspect the theme to have a similar focus.  Keep this in mind when your break-out groups talk about the session proposals.
I would like to encourage all of you to send out special invitations to your colleagues inviting them to the WMEA planning session. Having more colleagues in attendance will enrich the conversations and planning beyond the WMEA Council members. Thank you for your work in planning the 2011 Wisconsin State Music Conference! Richard Tengowski
WMEA President
Richard R. Tengowski Instrumental Music Kohler Public Schools
333 Upper Road
Kohler, WI 53044

tengowskir@kohler.k12.wi.us
The Wisconsin Music Teacher Education Discussion List is an unmoderated forum for announcements and discussion. List members may post to the entire list by addressing email messages to musiceducation@lists.uwosh.edu. Use your email program's REPLY TO ALL function to send a reply to everyone on the list. Or, you may respond only to the sender of this message using your email program's REPLY function. To unsubscribe or control your subscription, visit the list info page: http://lists.uwosh.edu/mailman/listinfo/musiceducation.